Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Need Glue/Adhesive help...

I have designed my own drag engine to resemble a Ford 460. I designed every part from to be as exact as possible. I am making all my parts from PLASTRUCT Styrene and am using PLASTRUCT PLASTIC WELD for assembly. I made my engine block from several pieces of styrene and glued it up about a year ago. Today I was getting some dimensions to start my blower intake, and parts of the block fell apart. I did the cleaning as instructed, no oils from hands, dust, etc. Mating pieces were absolutely flat, it was 3mm sheet styrene glued on the faces. The glue is not old. I didn't "over glue" the pieces. So what gives?   When I go to detailing, is it all gonna fall apart?   I have alot of time invested in designing. However, if the glue bond isn't any better than this over time, what's the point of scratchbuilding?  I am depressed with this hobby right now, and I need some help... please!

 

  

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1018474.aspx

Chuck Daigh Yannick Dalmas Derek Daly Christian Danner

No comments:

Post a Comment