Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hamilton and Rosberg rue qualifying strategy | 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix

Hamilton and Rosberg rue qualifying strategy is an original article from F1 Fanatic. If this article has been published anywhere other than F1 Fanatic it is an infringement of copyright.

Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Sepang, 2013Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg admitted failing to change tyres during Q3 was a mistake.

Both stayed on the same set of intermediates during the top ten shoot-out in qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix and lost out to drivers who had changed theirs.

Hamilton, who qualified fourth, said he couldn’t say whether the team regretted the decision: “We’ve only just finished so I have to speak to my team whether they regret it or not.”

“But for me it’s just the way it is. Of course putting new tyres on was obviously the best way to go. Our strategy was to stay out, we thought it would dry out more and it would work in our favour, but it didn’t.”

Hamilton played down his disappointment at failing to qualify higher: “I want to be on pole so initially when you get out of the car of course you don’t think you’re happy. I was working to get pole position, we were as a team.

“But we’re a little bit back from what we were hoping for, so… but it’s motor racing, everyone’s in the same boat and tomorrow – there’s lots of positives to take out from today and yesterday so I’m excited about the race.”

Team mate Rosberg said he was “feeling very comfortable in the dry and definitely fastest guy out there”.

“I had the best car out there from everybody also so that was nice to see. And then unfortunately the rain came but still I was like ‘OK, no problem, I can still go fast’.

“I just messed up my strategy, stayed out there, others came in for a new set and I had damaged tyres.”

Rosberg added he is optimistic about his race prospects: “I have a good car, especially also in the race, and as we saw in Melbourne seventh place won the race so it’s still possible.”

2013 Malaysian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix articles

Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei

Hamilton and Rosberg rue qualifying strategy is an original article from F1 Fanatic. If this article has been published anywhere other than F1 Fanatic it is an infringement of copyright.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/f1fanatic/~3/SMkm8F68FR4/

Louis Chiron Joie Chitwood Bob Christie Johnny Claes David Clapham

No comments:

Post a Comment