Sunday, May 6, 2012

Herbie the racing Beetle

Firstly, I would like to apologise if this is in the wrong thread but I guessed that because Herbie was decorated as a race car then he belongs here.

The kit is the Tamiya VW Beetle painted in VW white from an auto spray colour, the chrome hub caps are from a Hasegawa VW samba bus (which were an exact fit to my suprise) and the 53 decals were taken from the Johnny Lightning snap kit. The racing stripes were made from solid decal sheet, B.M.F was used on the side panels and running boards and a set of front and rear plates were scanned from the internet and printed off to scale. The front spotlamp was taken from the spares box and the sunroof was made from a square of plasticard and then covered with a slightly oversized square of fine sandpaper and then painted grey.

I understand that Herbie must have been modelled countless times from lots of people but I thought that I would share my particular model with you

.

2012-05-02204344.jpg image by markr3

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1014779.aspx

Bob Bondurant Felice Bonetto Jo Bonnier Roberto Bonomi

No comments:

Post a Comment