Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mini Cooper 1275S - 1967 Monte Carlo Rally Winner

Hello all!

I just finished the Tamiya kit of the 1967 Monte Carlo Rally winning Mini Cooper S. I did it completely box stock as I just wanted to start and finish a kit within two weeks. My builds always seem to take months and I wanted to see if I could do a quick one. All told it took me about 17 days, so I was close!

The kit itself is great! The quality is exactly what I expected from Tamiya. Minimal flash and ejector pin marks, great fit, and very nice detail. My work on the kit was not as great though. I accidentally put the stock valve cover on instead of the race version. I also messed up a few of the decals while trying to apply them. This was my first time putting decals other than guages etc on a model, so I'm actually fairly pleased with how it turned out. I didn't manage to get any of the windshield or rear window decals on properly, other than the small, round decal in the bottom corner of the windshield. I also tore the rally logo on the placard on the roof quite badly, so I need a replacement.

Other than that I am extremely happy with how the mini turned out! Building it in a specific time frame was very helpful to me. It gave me a really good idea of where I waste a lot of time.

Anyways, on to some photos!!

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1021797.aspx

Derek Bell Stefan Bellof Paul Belmondo Tom Belso JeanPierre Beltoise

No comments:

Post a Comment