Monday, March 19, 2012

I'd rather take my 76 Camaro shopping than drag racing!!

This is my 76 Camaro LT.

 

 

I used to be the AMT 76 AHC-100 camaro. As it had detachable Spoilers it made it fairly easy to convert it to a shopping car rather than street racer.

This has had a tragic life. I originally made it from the AMT ficticious AHC-100 Camaro kit. It was green with a t-roof and rear spoiler, and custom wheels. I didn't like it once I'd built it, it was abit amateur-sh. It then got wrecked in a modelbox avalanche. I rebuilt it in red with a jacked up back end, 70's custom wheels and front and rear spoiler. That got neglected as it was again an amateur effort.

It then languished in a large part box for years and years getting more and more destroyed until I attempted to strip the paint in brake fluid.which failed so it looked even worse with half it's paint missing. It's parts were scattered over several parts boxes whilst it's body sat wrecked unloved in a box.

I decided after seeing a mint red and white LT in a classic US car dealership, to re-create it using this kit. I glued the T-roof panels, added roof ,window and side trim. The LT wheels are scratchbuilt. As it no had more scripts left I used some Photo etched Chevrolet script from a 76 PE Caprice kit. The mirrors are from a Monogram 78 Corvette. It has photoetched window cranks and doorlocks, flocked carpet, and seatbelts and the gear lever was freom the AMT 70 Montecarlo. The only bit I'm not happy with is the front window frame. Sadly as the window trim had been all but been sanded off, it means the vinyl roof sits higher than the window frame which mean't the Bare metal foiling didn't turn out as smooth as hoped. The paint has been flat and polished.
The headlight bezels are bare metal foil with a matt aluminum paint applied to the inside and then carefully wiped away from the surround leaving this nice chrome frame around the headlight bezel.

 

 

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1006603.aspx

Giorgio Bassi Erwin Bauer Zsolt Baumgartner Elie Bayol

No comments:

Post a Comment