Monday, April 30, 2012

A perfect example of what NOT to do - original MPC 1970 Charger

Here's an example of what NOT to do with your plastic model builders.

About 10-12( maybe more)  years ago I took this car to a local show that happend to have a model contest as well. Once there I quickly found out most of the entries were kids, so I with drew this car and sat it on the console of the actual car it was to replicate. for show purposes only. and left the contest to the kids.

Lesson learned , the sun came around when I wasn't there and quickly baked this car, warped the body and hood well beyond repair. ( time span was probably less than 10 minutes)

Thats a mistake I will never make again. And hopefully someone else can learn from my mistake. 

 From now on, no models sit in cars unless the car is at an 'indoor' show.
I've been cleaning out the closest and came across the spare body I picked up to fix this one and made me think about it all over again. ( not a good feeling )

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1014463.aspx

Derek Bell Stefan Bellof Paul Belmondo Tom Belso

No comments:

Post a Comment