Monday, December 26, 2011

1971 Challenger Amnesty Build

I did a search on this site to see how many '71 Challengers had been displayed here and I found a big, fat, zero!

Really?  Well, I know that they not readily available as only MPC made them as annuals and then re-released sparsely. Anyway, I've had this box of parts for many years and I figured that I would finally complete this thing as an "amnesty" build. I have to free it from the bottom of my closet!

Here is the mish mosh of parts that I will try to make in to a decent car:

 

I have already removed the engine compartment from the Yankee Challenge kit and have grafted it into the MPC body. I originally intended to salvage as many parts from the MPC kit as possible, but many have disappeared over the 30 plus years that I have had this car, and some are actually worse than the AMT parts! Both kits have terribly inaccurate pieces.

My next dilemma is; how to build it? Stock, street/strip, or race car?

WF

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/992892.aspx

Adri·n Campos John Cannon Eitel Cantoni Bill Cantrell

No comments:

Post a Comment