Monday, December 26, 2011

Henry J WIP - Steering Wheel "Suicide Knob".

Haven't shared any WIP here in quite a while, so thought this would be fun Cool.

This is kinda a difficult kit to begin with the way the pieces fit, and the plastic is pretty brittle, at least on my kit. I decided to take it back to stock appearing as much as I could.  No bumpers or other parts available, but I discovered that a Lindberg '53 Ford kit could supply alot of the parts I needed to modify it. A '67 Corvette donor kit would supply the frame, and a '33 Willys kit would supply the SOCH engine/trans. I wanted to build the body back to stock as I really like the looks of them in stock trim, especially the rear wheel well opening, which was a little bit of a fun challange, to not only get the right shape, but same from side to side.

The doors are already opened, so that was nice. I added my own hinges, and then hinged the hood, but with a twist - to the front. A little street-rod look if it was real, and you pulled into a gas station to check the oil. Course, the sound of the "rumpy" motor might just give it away first.

Anyhow, here's the first pics of a fun project.

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/986380.aspx

John Cannon Eitel Cantoni Bill Cantrell Ivan Capelli

No comments:

Post a Comment