Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Massa Keen To Resolve Future

has admitted he is keen to find out whether he will be staying with next season or not.

The Brazilian has endured a tough campaign so far, struggling with the Ferrari F2012 and rarely producing the required level of performances.

The 31-year-old has improved slightly of late, but it’s expected that it will be a case of too little too late, as the Scuderia are reportedly lining up replacements for next season.

Despite the lack of clarity regarding 2013, Massa insists that he is focused upon achieving the best results possible:

“There is no news on my future at the moment, but there’s no doubt that good results will help,” Massa told ESPN.

“I just need to keep pushing hard and getting good results, in the hope of hearing some good news soon. It’s always better to know what the situation is, as of course I want to know what I’m doing next year.

“But I can tell you that it’s never happened that I’m in the car in the middle of the race and I start thinking about what I’ll do next year! However, I know that results are what matter, so if the situation arises where you have to take a risk in the race, then you have to think carefully about it, as you know your priority is to finish the race.”

The perfect response to the speculation would be a solid result in Singapore, which would boost his own chances of success as well as Ferrari’s in the Constructors’ Championship, and Massa is confident of scoring points:

“I like the Singapore track and I feel the circuit suits me, even if I’ve never had much luck there.

“So I’m definitely looking for another good result and I hope I can do even better than in the last two races. Touch wood we can continue the same way, after what were definitely good races in Spa and Monza.

“I picked up a good number of points, which was especially important if you look at the state of play in the championship right now and then compare it to how things were at the beginning of the year.”

Follow us on Twitter @Formula1fancast for the latest news and blogs

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Formula1Fancast/~3/Sod72ex4YGU/massa-keen-to-resolve-future

Pedro Diniz Duke Dinsmore Frank Dochnal Jose Dolhem Martin Donnelly

No comments:

Post a Comment